Sunday, September 28, 2014

Vegan caprese salad

I love, love, LOVE caprese salad, but now I cannot have cheese. Bummer. So I modified it a bit to make it fit my diet. I probably eat this salad too often, but it's a quick and easy snack or lunch to make. This is something I don't share with my daughter because of the tomatoes, which is a bummer because it is SOOO good, but more for me. I figure it's OK to eat it often now, but once the tomatoes are out of season I won't make it until next season.



When I make this to take with me, I put the avocado on the bottom of the bowl to keep the avocados from turning brown.

1 ripe avocado, chopped
Tomatoes, any color and any variety (I use heirloom of all varieties/color) How many I use depends on the size of my bowl.
Fresh basil, chopped
Local extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top
Sea salt to taste
1-2 teaspoons chia seeds
1-2 teaspoons hemp seeds

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment